Monday, February 12, 2024

“I Want My Minutes Back”, Snapped Ankles

This way:  Want My Minutes Back

This is some good new fashioned punk rock.

Snapped Ankles are an English, London-based post-punk band, incorporating elements of performance art and art rock. They signed to The Leaf Label in 2017 and have released four albums, two EPs and numerous singles to date. The band members' identities are unknown, due to the fact that the group performs in ghillie suits, but they claim to be "forest folk...descended from the trees". 

Formed in East London in 2011, the band began performing at DIY nights creating live improvisations by chopping up 1960s films before sequencing and augmenting them with synthesisers. The band released their first single, "True Ecology (Shit Everywhere)", in December 2012, on Ears Have Eyes records. Their next release came in early 2015 with "I Want My Minutes Back", issued on white label, and reissued in 2017 as their first release on The Leaf Label. From 2015 to 2016, they performed in Daniel Oliver's participatory performance show 'Weird".

[Spotify]  I Want My Minutes Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

“IF YOU DO”, Trace Mountains

This way:  IF YOU DO Trace Mountains is the musical project of American indie rock musician Dave Benton. Benton was formerly the lead singer...