Tuesday, January 31, 2023

“Kingdom Come”, Tom Verlaine, RIP

This way: Kingdom Come

Does it get anybetter (wait, something is one word, but anybetter isn't?) than this? I don't think so. Unfortunately Tom died last week. And what a great artist he turned out to be. When I was in High School we had a stereo and record player in the art room. I was in this advanced art class with a bunch of other ne'rdowells. Gerri Beadle brought in the first Television LP, Marque Moon. And she suggested I bring it home for further listening. I'm not sure what kind of strange brew that the were drinking at her house, but wow what great musical finds she had. I'll also admit that I couldn't make head or tails of that record when first listening.
This from Toms first solo album, 1979.

[Spotify] Kingdom Come 

[Bowie covers the song] Kingdom Come 

Ok, if Bowie covers it you know its a good song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“IF YOU DO”, Trace Mountains

This way:  IF YOU DO Trace Mountains is the musical project of American indie rock musician Dave Benton. Benton was formerly the lead singer...