Saturday, March 5, 2022

“I Stand Alone”, Keeley Forsyth

This way:  I Stand Alone

Here is a great new voice and sound. Keeley Forsyth is an English actress and musician. In October 2019, Forsyth released the single "Debris" on The Leaf Label, followed by "Start Again", with accompanying video by Andrew Hulme, in January 2020. Her debut album of the same name, released on 17 January 2020, features "minimal arrangements" that feature Forsyth's "elemental voice and an outpouring of candid, haunting lyrics". The album also features fellow Leaf Label artist and pianist Matthew Bourne. Talking to The Line of Best Fit, she detailed the inception of the record and finding Bourne via the BBC's Late Junction: "I recorded all my stuff on the harmonium and gave it to him. I was meant to re-record my voice over his sounds, but he sent back what he heard on the harmonium – the chords, the keys, the silences, the breaths in and out – and it was just like, wow. I was stunned and I didn't really do anything with it for a little while [...] He's the only person who I know making music who lives close enough for me to make anything happen."

 
Spot This way:  I Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

“What's Going On”, Hüsker Dü

This way:  What's Going On Best band of all time? Could be, certainly one of my all time favs. And this LP Zen Arcade is so good it hurt...