Wednesday, January 12, 2022

“The Garbage Who Talked”, Thuh Advo-Cats

This way: The Garbage Who Talked

In 1979 I was ambling thru the desert backwoods looking for the direction up. Ramones said hello and I found myself with desires beyond my bedroom stage. I was in league with Adam, Mark and Bruce in pursuit of Rock and Roll pointing north. We actually rehearsed in a garage in the early days and eventually all move in together in a house we called Casa Del Sublime. Everything in Arizona is called Casa Del something. As we toiled away on our Rock and Roll it became painfully obvious that we were two headed and going in different directions. Bruce and I decided to go it alone. We formed thuh Advo-Cats in the living room of that house and commenced to writin' songs. We decided that we played a form of music called Pop-no-vat. We got our band listed in the New Times Weekly band directory. And we soon began getting calls and doing shows. Our entire band and equipment fit snugly into Bruces Toyota. Bruce played drums, I played bass and sang. I used a thick leather glove on my left hand for effect and off we headed into the annuls of “I don’t remember”. Sometimes you are 18 when you write yonder masterpiece.

2nd version: The Garbage Who Talked

[Spotify, not likely]  need more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Black Sheets of Rain”, Bob Mould

This way:  Black Sheets of Rain Black Sheets of Rain is the second solo album by former Hüsker Dü guitarist and singer Bob Mould and feature...