Saturday, October 23, 2021

“Jailbreak”, Thin Lizzy

This way: Jailbreak

There are 6 or 8 great songs on this LP. Although typically outside what I post here. Fairly mainstream faire. When I was a young lad I used to hang out at the record store. There was one in-between where I lived and my girlfriends house. We would meet up there and I spent a lot of time reading the records in the stacks. At one point Mercury records was doing a promotion for several bands, Graham Parker, City Boy and Thin Lizzy. They had this giant rock with a British flag painted on it and you were supposed to guess the weight of it and win some records. As luck would have it we were there when they were doing the drawing. But then they were just handing out the records to people who were there. So I got a stack of free records. The whole catalog of Parker, City Boy and Thin Lizzy. I fell hard for Parker, but the Thin Lizzy started to sink in, this is probably 1976 or so. Word of Punk Rock hadn't really started to reach the smaller enclaves. Thin Lizzy is hard rock. They pioneered the 3 guitar punch to the head. Later that year they toured with Graham Parker opening and we saw the show at then Celebrity theater in Phoenix complete with spinning stage. This song is from the near perfect Jailbreak LP of 1976. 

[Spotify]  Jailbreak

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Ideologically Unsound”, Poison Girls

This way:  Ideologically Unsound The Poison Girls were an English anarcho-punk band from Brighton. The singer/guitarist, Vi Subversa, was a ...