Tuesday, March 16, 2021

“7ft Tall Post-Suicidal Feel Good Blues”, Nancy

This way: 7ft Tall Post-Suicidal Feel Good Blues

Brighton-based enigmatic psych-pop maestro NANCY impresses on the kaleidoscopic EP Happy Oddities, entirely produced during lockdown. A Sunderland native.

“Nancy is the name I’ve given myself, an alter-ego. It’s something that people used to shout at me back home in Sunderland (‘Nancy-boy’ etc), I guess for not adhering to their masculine norms or something, and I derive a lot of strength from reclaiming the word and attaching something positive to it.

“On the flip side, it’s also a nod to one of my biggest inspirations, Nancy Sinatra.”

[Spotify]  7ft Tall Post-Suicidal Feel Good Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Beauty Queen”, Roxy Music

This way:  Beauty Queen Roxy Music are an English rock band formed in 1970 by lead vocalist and principal songwriter Bryan Ferry and bassist...